Manien has been on a run of going through old boxes and was inspired Saturday to tackle the legendary box labelled “Crap from our Trip” and she got me to look at a box labelled “Jason Kitchen.” Neither of these boxes had been opened for oh ten years or more. As well as old kitchen stuff, my box contained some comic pages I had been looking for, and this old jacket I had been wanting to dig out.
Back in late high school/university days I kept adding and adding mostly comic oriented stuff to this white jacket I wasn’t that crazy about.
On the front…
1. I am not sure what those trees were about, to be honest
2. LoN. League of the New, a superhero group I made as a kid and kept returning to for role-playing games and a FULLY PAINTED dark and gritty comic inspired by the Dark Knight Returns.
3. I loved throwing crosses on stuff. How edgy of me! J t! So bad! And an alpha/omega.
4. Background for the first panel of the Watchmen, where I pinned my Watchmen smiley face button.
5. Boot to the Head – referring to the Four on the Floor TV show. Hell Toupee was something from Eddy Current…
6. I had another jacket that I covered about a third of the sleeve with pop can tabs. I would keep my eye open for them on the ground when I walked around.
7. Dishman! by John MacLeod
8. I AM HE AS YOU ARE HE AS YOU ARE ME AND WE ARE ALL TOGETHER from a Beatles song and this graphic from Rick Veitch‘s “The One” comic.
9. Eddy Current by Ted McKeever was a big influence on me.
10. Dark Knight style bats
11. Men Without Hats forever!
12. I was quite into Matt Wagner‘s first “Mage: The Hero Discovered”
13. Go Canada!
14. Also Matt “Wagner’s Grendel”