New Loves. 100 Things.
All right, almost a month later, here is another episode of True Loves 3! Hopefully I will get back on track, or at least somewhat back on track now. It seems like the summer is going to be fairly social, which is nice, but not so good for drawing all evening every evening.
I was reading this interview with Grant Morrison earlier, which I liked for his idea of people wanting to be superheroes these days, and superheroes trying to cross over into the real world. And this talk, by a brain doctor describing her experience having a stroke. Fascinating, and ot made me cry by the end!
We had some houseguests this past week and one morning as they were lounging in bed in the living room, they were looking at the books on the bookshelves, and a book about Peter Greenaway was discussed. Thinking about PG before 7am got me feeling like I should make a list or something, and so here was last Thursday:
This is May 19, 2011
1. Waking up because the sun on the curtains is so bright.
2. Guests lounging in bed in the living room, enjoying our bookshelves
3. Remembering Peter Greenaway before 7am
4. Manien’s secrets of coffee. A coffee grinding dance.
5. Sharing apples
6. Everyone else’s food looks appealing
7. A fistful of yoghurt
8. Work clothes. The secret of my tie
9. An unexpected walk companion
10. Remembering 10 years ago.
11. Learning hockey results from the cover of Metro
12. Phone numbers on pieces of paper.
13. Touching a bush.
14. Losing interest half way through my own phone message
15. Somebody’s daughter/Proud parents
16. The thunder in my stomach
17. Nuts and nuts and nuts
18. Detecting hangover in a gravel voiced cashier
19. A missing security card, but not that missing
20. Someone’s breakfast stands alone
21. The secret message of Pixar
22. Oh no it isn’t
23. Back to abortion and gay marriage
24. An arrow made of celery
25. Badditude in the Scarberian Wastelands
26. Selling a house, and the burden of memories
27. A cowboy hat tan at the wedding
28. The flower girl’s brother was run over by a train
29. A 20 something with the attention needs of a 10yr old
30. Super tedious conversations that go on for half an hour
31. The stanky youth of lower Chesterfield, and the construction creeps who ogle them
32. 99 Problems
33. Nobody home
34. Work was work
35. Ready to eat, ready to nap
36. The four year old asks the tough questions: WOULD I want to be a soup???
37. A busy afternoon ahead of me
38. A girl stops to adjust her tiny pant cuffs
39. Racing a sprinkler stream down the hill
40. This quiet office
41. Why does everyone love Chewbacca?
42. Owls at a party. Kind of like Twin Peaks
43. Inbreeding jokes does not sound like Twin Peaks to me
44. Sadly, one of the little joys in life is a lack of road rag
45. People in the break room have not been outside? What is wrong with them?
46. Little joys – a fresh can of nuts
47. The actresses
48. A non-Tea Party Tea Partier ascertains that China is the problem.
49. Kisses for neighbours
50. This pleather jacket
51. What is an enterprising person? A person who makes enterprises? Like an entrepreneur?
52. You need creativity to take a different approach, to be different.
53. Psychology Today declares black women are ugly.
54. In which I make the mistake of reading a few comments on the above. “Your case is mute”
55. Tracking packages in the void
56. Who will sign these POs?
57. Passing Over Opportunities Repeatedly – P.O.O.R. – Yes, that is why people are poor
58. Quiet time with the Crow Family
59. Racin’ Jason wants a tent
60. JYJ concert and COCONUTS.
61. How big is too big for a chuckwagon on a t-shirt
62. Roy Rogers’ houseboat
63. Nigerian Yahoo Boys
64. Little paper bombs
65. How much holiday do you have left? (two weeks, as it turns out)
66. I want to make a song P.O.P. that is to the tune of Bombs Over Baghdad
67. Everyone singing Blondie’s Rapture, holding hands
68. Guess those tshirt sales are a little “soft”
69. “Be whatever you want to be, but be it with all your heart.”
70. Which reminds me of how the term “hobby” bothers me so much.
71. Guiding a man to ICBC
72. Ghost ball room
73. A man butts in line ahead of me. The fishgirl is sick.
74. A girl buying gin for her husband’s 25th birthday.
75. People on my ass on the windy path
76. Giving naps the double bird
77. Beans and bricks
78. Eating mint and chives
79. Get lost
80. A complicated picnic
81. A tiny lady crushing a stone
82. Heavy metal BBQ
83. The wailing dinner
84. Fish and broccoli for dessert
85. Judging texting parents
86. The horror of teenaged girls
87. Little friends
88. The corkscrew
89. Who will save me?
90. Preserving and dried meat products
91. I went out to shoot a moose, but came home with two chickens
92. Hunting culture
93. Home schooling
94. A comedy gold tiny ice cream bowl prank
95. The inevitable discussion of the other brother
96. A second wind
97. One more dishwasher
98. Shower respect
99. One for the road
100. Snoring in the Labyrinth