Rainy Day People
I feel like there were many things I wanted to tell you, but can I think now what they were? Okay:
1. I’m reading this sci fi book Spin by Robert Charles Wilson. It is kind of blowing my mind to a degree that I find pleasantly surprising.
2. Manien and I watched Mission Impossible one day and the Descendants the next and found Clooney’s greying dad-hair looked so much better on him than Cruise’s desperate dye-job.
3. I got Tom Gauld’s Goliath recently. So good! Funny, beautiful and sad. And thought provoking even!
5. It has been a fairly wet summer so far here in Vancouver Town. A lot of people are bellyaching, but I don’t mind. It means less watering of the garden, and less of Jason bursting into flames as he walks to and from the Dayjob. Today I was enjoying some music that was good for a drizzly day. Sparklehorse. The National. And my soothing music in general these days, Grimes.
6. And hey a new Die Antwoord video! It is a classic family drama in the vein of Twisted Sister’s We’re Not Gonna Take It!
Okay I better stop or I’ll go all night.